Monday 16 May 2011

THE CLERKENWELL VINTAGE FASHION FAIR

Have you ever read the back pages of Vogue? The pages that are jam packed of little advertisements? Well the other day, by chance I finally decided to have a rifle though these pages and came across an advert for ‘The Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair’. Of course myself and my vintage shopping addiction decided to go along...


It was a haven of vintage gems. Even the building was vintage. The Old Finsbury Town Hall is in fact a grade 2 listed building and has the most awe inspiring decor. Large , decadent mirrors, blue walls with gold trim and to top it off a professional ballet school practicing downstairs!


There were about 50 stalls spread out between 4 rooms, plus a tea room complete with adorned cupcakes, bunting and ‘The Polka Dot Dolls’ (3 gorgeous ladies dressed in 1950’s style dresses with singing some classic tunes into original microphones).


I could have really splurged but I held back... I only bought a midi pleated skirt (very similar to one in Whistles but at a quarter of the price) and a Grace Kelly Hat as I like to call it. I just need a wedding to go to..... or, what the hell why does one only ever wear hats to grand occasions? I think I’ll wear it to the pub.


The next fair is on Sunday 26th June. I urge you all to go and purchase a bit of old school glamour and rock it with a bit of high street fodder.


http://www.clerkenwellvintagefashionfair.co.uk/





Cordelia Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment